- The birthday of the United States Air Force (the Air Force was officially separated from the Army on this date in 1947 by the National Security Act);
- Chiropractic Founders Day (oh, my aching back....);
- Hug a Greeting Card Writer Day (which sure as heck sounds safer than American Greetings' suggestion that September 14 was Hug a Crabby Stranger Day);
- National Attention Deficit Disorder Awareness Day;
- National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day;
- National Respect Day; and
- World Water Monitoring Day.
Many of the other Usual Suspects proclaim today National Cheeseburger Day.
That sounds good to us.
Better, we think, than commemorating the capture of newspaper heiress Patty Hearst, although that also happened on this date, in 1975.